Wireless Validation/Certification Engineer
We at Cisco’s RF Center of Excellence in Richfield, Ohio are looking for a Wireless Engineer with a focus on Wi-Fi Certification and Validation.
The Wireless Certification Design, Validation and Testing team is involved in the entire Wi-Fi Generational Lifecycle – from helping define and drive industry wide Wi-Fi Certification Standards through participation in the Wi-Fi Alliance to the end stage validation of these standards in our products to ensure the top-notch performance, quality, and reliability our customers expect and rely on. As a part of the Wireless Team at Ohio, you will also have a chance to learn and explore various other facets of cutting-edge Wi-Fi Technologies – both HW and SW – from some knowledgeable, industry leading peers.
Cisco’s team at our RF Center of excellence has been responsible for industry leading Access Point Platforms for over a decade. You will be surrounded by a phenomenal team of engineers with a vast knowledge base, providing you a fantastic opportunity to learn, and for us to learn from you!
What You’ll Do
- Build, configure, and maintain relevant Wi-Fi Alliance Test Setup’s once final test plans, setups and standards are published
- This will involve working with different wireless chipsets, tools, and platforms including various Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, etc.)
- Work on internal and external validation of the Catalyst and Meraki Access Point Portfolio stack against published Wi-Fi Alliance Standards and Test Plans
- This will also involve designing, modifying, and maintaining automation to create a more streamlined validation process
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to debug and fix any issues found during the validation process
- This will involve extensive work with Wireshark and other network analysis tools, and involve developing an understanding of IEEE 802.11 protocols and Wi-Fi Alliance Standards
- Communicate and co-ordinate with stakeholders, both internal and external to help align and push priorities, both internally, and at standards bodies
- Have an opportunity to help monitor, define, and drive industry wide Wi-Fi Certification Standards through participation in Wi-Fi Alliance Task Groups.
- This will involve monitoring, designing, and developing test plans for new Wi-Fi Alliance Standards (Generational Wi-Fi, Security and Optimization Standards)
Who You Are
- BS degree with 3+ years of experience in wireless technologies OR MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering OR
- Exposure to and some knowledge of IEEE 802.11/ Wi-Fi Alliance standards and protocols is preferred.
- Familiarity with wireless traffic generation/analysis tools such as Wireshark and Iperf is preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with scripting using Python, TCL, etc. is preferred.
- Experience working with multiple OS platforms such as Windows, Linux and MacOS is preferred.
- Knowledge of other wireless technologies such as 802.15.4 protocols is a plus, but not required
This position is in Richfield OH.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org