We are looking for a highly motivated mechanical design engineer that will mainly be responsible from carrying out various types of measurements and acquiring data on Cisco hardware equipment. This position will report to the Technical Leader of Mechanical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering Manager. Responsibilities for this position include but not limited to:
- Implement the selected design using Creo 3D CAD and provide all the necessary drawings, critical to function dimensions, and 3D files to allow the design to be prototyped and manufactured.
- Design heat sinks using guidance from thermal simulations and create the drawings and 3D files to prototype and manufacture the parts.
- Provide 3D models to be used in thermal simulations.
- Provide PCB design drawings and 3D files to the ECAD design team. Work with the electrical engineer and PCB layout to address placement concerns. Check the final design of the PCB.
- Schedule and manage peer and cross-functional team reviews of your design.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and 2+ years of EMS design experience
- Good knowledge/use of MS or Open Office is a must.
- Familiarity with PTC Creo is a must.
- MBD (3D PDF)
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- 4 years of experience in a product development and/or qualification environment.
- Broad knowledge in design constraints associated with sheet metal, plastic, PCB layout and die-cast design.
- Design of and manufacturing of fixtures for experiments, components for prototypes, etc.
- Relevant experience in the mechanical design of computer/network equipment designed to operate in data centers is preferred.
- Experience designing sheet-metal parts using soft and hard tooling guidelines a plus
Qualified candidates should send their resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org