Reports to: Director of Hardware Engineering
Location: Maynard, MA
You will be a member of Acacia’s Hardware team and contribute to the hardware life cycle of our products. You will work within a multi-disciplinary hardware, Software, Optics, and DSP engineering organization.
Responsibilities for this position range from HW engineering support, to debugging and contributing to board bring up, to DVT and validation of systems.
- Test and debugging of systems during bring up phase
- Proto-typing and rework
- DVT and system validation
- General HW engineering and lab support
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Associate degree in electronics with a minimum 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience f troubleshooting basic digital circuitry, protocols, and interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, MDIO, CPUs, memory, FPGAs, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic analog components (ADC/DAC, DC-DC converters, Op Amps, etc.)
- Working knowledge of high-speed designs (20+ GHz)
- Experienced in reading and interpreting BOMs, schematics, drawings, and other engineering documentation.
- Working knowledge of Cadence Allegro PCB layout viewer and Mentor DxDesigner
- Track record of bringing up and debugging of new hardware products
- Test and validation of high speed electrical products including parametric and performance testing
- Experience with proto-typing and fine pitch soldering skills
- Demonstrated experience using test equipment (high speed oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, digital multi-meters, etc.)
- Good analytical, interpretive, and problem resolution skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Strong Analog circuit debugging skills
- Exposure to high-speed electro-optical transmission components (tunable lasers, modulators, VOAs, Siph PICs, etc.)